Graduation Year: 1998 (PMBA 1)
SME Workforce Planning & Analytics Region Mediterranean, Ericsson, Group Function Human Resources
LinkedIn Profile here
Looking back on your career, what was the most important decision you made (or didn't make) regarding your career path?
In my early professional life when I started working for an HR focused consulting company, I understood the importance of having a competitive advantage and growing in this area. This is how I came across ALBA and the PMBA I enrolled which broadened my learning horizons and opened new professional paths.
What’s the most important thing for recent grads to keep in mind as they start out their careers?
Follow your dream! Believe in yourself, set career goals and go for them. Never forget that each effort never brings failure; there is always something to learn out of a small failure, which will eventually bring you closer to your goal. Being persistent and consistent, gradually growing and learning will drive you towards the right direction in life.
What made you choose ALBA for your graduate studies?
I was searching for a respectable business school to complete my PMBA1 and ALBA was of equal reputation to other famous business school. Also, the curriculum and professors was exactly what I was looking for at that moment of time to strengthen and enhance my business knowledge.
Share with us your fondest memory while studying at ALBA.
Sharing knowledge and having a common goal with my classmates made lectures, and especially group studies more interesting and challenging and gave me an extra push to pursue my next career steps. The group studies with my team still remain unforgettable!
- What is your greatest fear? Vulnerable family health
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Alexander the Great... always looking for a new challenge
- Which living person do you most admire? Every day I find different traits to admire in different people
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I don’t give time to myself to be happy for my achievements. I just move to the next challenge/goal
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Wise guys we need to listen more & talk less
- What is your greatest extravagance? A sports car I bought few years back that was my childhood dream. We always remain children after all J
- What is your favorite journey? Life…
- On what occasion do you lie? I hardly ever lie, I am usually blunt and open – I only use conventional lies occasionally
- What is your greatest regret? Although I enjoyed life as a bachelor, I should have become a father earlier. It is an amazing feeling!
- What or who is the greatest love of your life? Common but true: My son / family
- When and where were you happiest? When my son was born
- Which talent would you most like to have? Express myself through art: Artist - Painter
- What is your current state of mind? On a professional note, I strive to do the best in the challenging role that I hold. On a personal note, I aim for a work-life balance, conflicting goals so it is debatable if it will be achieved. Then, I get depressed with the current economic situation in Greece
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I had more time so I could work out more often. I need to lose some weight J
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Nothing at all
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Apart from my family, my career. I set career goals, reach them and move on to the next. So far, so good!
- What is your most treasured possession? My glasses: can’t live without them, myopia, you know…J
- Where would you like to live? Greece is the best place to live! Having lived abroad I believe we have the best country in the world. Now, regarding financials and a big part of the people living here, there is large space for improvement
- What is your favorite occupation? Entrepreneurship
- What is your most marked characteristic? Only one? Reliability & sense of humor
- What do you most value in your friends? I am proud to say that I have long-lasting friendships with people who are honest, open, and have no second thoughts. We all enjoy extremely the family and friend gatherings from many years back. Perfect psychotherapy
- What are your favorite names? Harry, my father’s name
- What is your motto? Cannot be translated in English