The Career & Alumni Office at Alba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece is seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Career Development Manager and Internship Coordinator. (Maternity cover)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources or related field.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in career counseling for business fields or in recruiting/HR consulting.
- Proven ability to function as a motivated, enthusiastic team member.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience working with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff in a positive and effective manner.
- Excellent organizational and group presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Computer literacy including ability to develop web-based resources and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit excellent time management and prioritization skills, a high degree of flexibility, and the ability to see the big picture in a complex array of details are all essential, as are approachability and strong communication skills.
- Provides Coaching & Advisement to students and alumni on career development and management skills taking advantage of current career resources and technology
- Engages and educates the local HR community on available career services to generate jobs, internships and further exposure opportunities for students and alumni. Conducts on-site visits and initiates frequent communication (e-mail, telephone) to strengthen ties and promote partnerships
- Organizes and implements targeted annual career activities, the Alba Career Forum and events for all levels of students and alumni: on-site company visits, recruitment days, workshops, career panels, company presentations, the annual career fair
- Performs regular and ad hoc reporting on employer relations, graduate placement and student/alumni services for internal or external purposes
- Provides support in building and strengthening the ties between Alba alumni and the School in such areas as alumni volunteering, engagement activities and events, alumni-student networking etc.
- Identifies and develops appropriate internship opportunities to meet program demands and student needs. In collaboration with Academic Directors, oversees and monitors student performance at internship sites and mediates any issues and/or challenges that may arise between students and internship providers, ensuring that students acquire meaningful internships
- Liaises between the recruiters and the HR department on the contract preparation and various legal issues, as needed
- Conducts internship program information sessions for students in person or in-groups. Develops, distributes and maintains necessary internship materials, including internship guidelines for employers and students. Maintains all record keeping and data-analysis related to the Internship Program
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019
Please submit the following materials to: [email protected], indicating Senior Career Development Manager and Internship Coordinator, in the subject line.
- A cover letter describing previous related experience and scholarly interests
- A current CV
- Contact details (name, e-mail address, telephone number for at least three persons who have known you in a professional context.)