In view of the second call for proposal submission from the European Committee, under the FP7-SSH program, Q-PLAN North Greece organised a series or training seminars in Greece with the support of Applied Research & Innovation Projects Department of ALBA Graduate Business School. The first seminar was held in Athens, on 22 September 2007 at the ALBA premises, while the second was held in Thessaloniki, on 24 September 2007.
The scope of these seminars was to provide useful and practical tips and guidelines for research proposal development under FP7-SSH. During the seminars:
- A representative of the European Commission will present the 2nd open call priorities (deadline: 29 November 2007),
- Participants had the opportunity to experience a first-hand practical exercise. They were asked to set up a 'full' proposal which was then be evaluated by experienced evaluators based on the criteria of the specific call. During the open discussion that followed, practical tips were provided and certain 'DOs' and 'DON'Ts were highlighted.
Among the speakers of the seminars were:
- Mr Nikos Kastrinos, DG Research - Directorate L Science, Economy and Society
- Dr. Nikos Mylonopoulos, Associate Professor of Information Systems, ALBA Graduate Business School
- Prof. Anna Triandafyllidou, FP6 Evaluator, Senior Research Fellow Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP)