Graduatin Year: 2005 (PMBA 8)
CEO, Allianz Hellas
LinkedIn Profile here
Looking back on your career, what was the most important decision you made (or didn't make) regarding your career path?
Every time I accepted a new challenge and took the opportunity to get out of my comfort zone. Whether successful or not, you get tons of new challenges and you learn a lot!
What’s the most important thing for recent grads to keep in mind as they start out their careers?
Two things come to my mind, which I believe are relevant regardless of the career someone chooses to follow: Stay true to your values and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
What made you choose ALBA for your graduate studies?
Having studied Finance and having worked as a fund manager at the beginning of my career, I was looking for an MBA to help me sharpen my business skills and enable me to make a move to more "business" roles. I had heard very positive things about ALBA from other alumni. Dean Travlos, whom I knew from my undergraduate studies at the University of Piraeus, was an important reason for trusting ALBA. His academic reputation, his energy and devotion in teaching were guarantees. I am glad to say that my studies in ALBA exceeded my expectations!
Share with us your fondest memory while studying at ALBA.
Every moment of our trip to Boston in July of 2003!
- What is your greatest fear? Health problems in people I love
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? I love maths and logic, so I would say Pythagoras
- Which living person do you most admire? Not a specific one. Different traits from different people
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Procrastination
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Unfairness
- What is your greatest extravagance? A purse. Not because of its cost, but because of the spontaneity in buying it!
- What is your favorite journey? The next I will plan along with my children
- On what occasion do you lie? On questions like this one J
- What is your greatest regret? Not enjoying some moments to the max
- What or who is the greatest love of your life? My husband and our two boys
- When and where were you happiest? Every time I get a big hug from my children
- Which talent would you most like to have? Any sport related
- What is your current state of mind? “Let’s do it!”
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Take things less seriously
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Have a bigger one!
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Having a happy loving family
- What is your most treasured possession? Photos & videos of happy moments with family and friends
- Where would you like to live? Anywhere as long as I have my family with me
- What is your favorite occupation? Primary school teacher
- What is your most marked characteristic? Authenticity and hard working
- What do you most value in your friends? Their patience
- What are your favorite names? Giorgos & Christos
- What is your motto? Celebrate your success, learn from your mistakes and MOVE ON!