ALBA Graduate Business School and Women's International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA) Hellas are proud to announce the 'Women in Shipping Scholarship Series', starting in November 2006 with the second intake of the ALBA MBA in Shipping Program for the academic year 2006-2007.
Recognizing the continuous increase and importance of women working in the maritime sector, ALBA Graduate Business School offers, through WISTA Hellas, two partial scholarships in the form of financial aid (50% of the tuition fees) for two women working in the maritime sector. In case the scholarship holder(s) achieve(s) academic distinction (GPA above 3.5 at Program completion), they will be reimbursed the full amount of tuition fees (full scholarship).
The 'Women in Shipping Scholarship Seriers' coincides with one of the main objectives of WISTA, to support women that wish to pursue a professional career in the maritime sector and promote the continuing education and networking opportunities of women involved in shipping.
Who should apply - Admission Criteria
The following persons are entitled to apply for the Scholarships:
• A woman working in the maritime sector
• Minimum age: 25 years old
• Holders of bachelor's degrees in a relevant discipline or an equivalent professional qualification from an accredited Institution, including Merchant Marine Academies.
• At least three years of work experience
• Fluency in English (TOEFL / Proficiency)
• Two strong recommendations from employers and/or professors
• Satisfactory performance in a personal interview
NOTE: Being a WISTA member is not a prerequisite in order to apply.
Upon complying with the minimum standards given above, for candidates of equal qualifications, priority will be given to:
• Low income persons
• Persons with special needs
• Women being in charge of a family with 3 or more children or with a child with special needs
For more information on the ALBA MBA in Shipping and the 'Women in Shipping Scholarship Series', you may contact Ms. Antonina Kalkavoura, tel.: +30-210-8964531, e-mail: [email protected]