Dr. Christopher Cooper will teach at the MSc in Tourism Management
ALBA's new MSc in Tourism Management has begun and it is with great pleasure to say that we have many distinguished members of the academic society teaching at this unique MSc program such as the renown Professor Christopher Cooper. During his impressive career Dr. Cooper has served and still is the Business School Dean at Oxford Brookes University. His academic publications and extant research on the tourism sector will make his class a unique experience.
The MSc in Tourism Management program is for:
- Entrepreneurs in tourism business.
- Members of family tourism business.
- Young professionals in hospitality, tour operators, tour guides, travel agencies (air, land and sea), event and conference organizers, cruise makers, leisure and entertainment organizers, real estate developers.
The program emphasizes the cross-cultural, moral, ethical, institutional and environmental issues in the management of tourism organizations, while covering all specialized business and operational skills.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Identify new trends and the requirements of employers, and adapt and respond effectively, to ensure sustainability at the organizational and societal level.
- Provide outstanding service along international standards and managing successfully people and the complexities of hospitality and the tourism industry.
- Command the theory and practice in all aspects of running a tourism business: strategy, finance, marketing, operations, human resources, revenue management.
- Contribute to the management and organization of: hospitality, travel, destination, management, event management, people management, conference, cruise, leisure, entertainment, hotel sales channel management and real estate development.
- Handle the internal IT systems and online media channels necessary for digital marketing and operations.