July was a very busy month for Alba since we hosted two open summer schools, one in Learning Agility and one in Shipping.
International students from Asia, Latin America, Europe and Africa had the chance to experience top quality lectures and visit distinguished Greek companies.
The Shipping Summer School was organized in collaboration with the Hellenic Management Centre / Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers Greek Branch (HMC/ICS).
We would like to thank to Agile Actors for their workshop on Lean Kanban, Laskaridis Shipping company Ltd, Tsakos Group, COSCO, and Danaos Shipping company for hosting Alba summer school students at their premises, and SEAVEN for organizing a commercial onboard visit.
Summer school participants were excited for the content and the learning experience.
“It was really useful experience for me and I learned a lot. All instructors were excellent! “
“It was really useful and very good content.”
Learning Agility Schedule
- 10.00-11.15: “Develop a Learning mindset for Agility: Learning Agility” | Dean Kostas Axarloglou, Professor of International Business and Strategy
- 11.30—12.30: “Decision making for Strategic Agility” | Dean Kostas Axarloglou, Professor of International Business and Strategy
- 13.30—16.30: "Tracing Management in the Era of Disruption"| Nikos Mylonopoulos, Associate Professor of Digital Business
- 17.00—20.00: Guided tour to Acropolis Hill
- 10.00-12.00: “Positive Mindset & Resilience” | Prof. Anastasios Stalikas, Professor of Psychology, Panteion University, Adjunct Professor of Psychology McGill University
- 13.00 - 15.45: “Learning how to learn in the Digital Era, The future of Work” | Dr. Eleni Lamprou, Research Fellow
- 16.00—18.00: “5 steps for effective networking: How to ensure you get the best from your networking” (networking workshop with Alba and University of Reading students)| Maria Moragiannis, Director of Career & Alumni Office
- 10.00—13.00: “Agile and Scrum Philosophy” | Prof. Nikos Mylonopoulos, Associate Professor of Digital Business
- 14.00-16.00: “Agility Alba Alumni Panel: Discussion with Alba Alumni Entrepreneurs”, Moderator: Alexis Komselis, Director of Alba Hub for Entrepreneurship and Development
- 21.00: Roof Garden Cocktail night at Skyfall
- 10.00 - 15.30: Agile Actors Company Field Visit and Lean Kanban Workshop (Lunch break at own expenses is included)
- 15.30- 21.30:Visit to Athens Greek Riviera—Vouliagmeni.
Shipping in Action Schedule
- 10.00-13.00: “The Greek Paradigm, Strategies and Policies in Shipping” | Ilias Bissias, Alba Visiting Lecturer (International Maritime Policy and Strategy), Director of Naftika Chronika
- 14.00—16.00: "New Technologies and the Environment" | Alexandros Glykas, Director DYNAMARINE Co.
- 16.30—20.00: Guided tour to Acropolis Hill
- 10.30 - 12.00: Tsakos Greek Ship Management Company Field Visit
- 12.30 - 14.00: Danaos Shipping Company Field Visit
- 15:00: Hellas Liberty tour
- 15.00-17.00: “The Shipping Markets: Understanding Modern Trading Dynamics” | Simon Ward, FICS, Director Ursa Shipbrokers and Lecturer, HMC/ICS Greek Branch
- 10.30 - 14.00: Visit to the container Terminal of COSCO and visit to onboard commercial vessel
- 15:00—17.00: ICS Campus: “Buying and Selling Ships: How to invest and Divest, and make a profit” | Simon Ward, FICS, Director Ursa Shipbrokers and Lecturer, HMC/ICS Greek Branch
- 17.00 - 21.00: Visit to Athens Greek Riviera—Vouliagmeni.
- 10.00-11.30: Laskaridis Shipping / Real Time Graduates Field Visit
- 13.30—15.30: "The Emergence of Piraeus as a Major Container Hub" | Dr. George Vaggelas, Alba Visiting Lecturer, Managing Director Ports & Shipping Advisory, Porteconomics.eu
- 16.00—18.00: “Executive Presence, how body language creates image” (networking workshop with Alba students) | Maria Moragiannis, Director of Career & Alumni Office